Helpful Information for New Students
- Complete your admission application.
- As a new student, if you wish to access services through our office, we ask that you complete our Request for Services Form.
- If you intend to use a VA educational benefit, we ask that you complete our Statement of Understanding.
Student Success Appointment
- Once you have completed your Request for Services Form, you can expect to hear from our Student Success Specialist within 1-3 business days.
- You can also call 707-527-4326 to reach our Student Success Specialist.
- Complete your online orientation in your student portal.
- The link for Online Orientation can be found in the Admissions & Registration block.
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Review your placement options for math and English.
- Placement options vary depending on length of time since high school graduation.
- If you intend to use VA education benefits, call 707-527-4326 and schedule an appointment to meet with a Veterans Academic Counselor to have an education plan created.
- At the time of the appointment, please be prepared to request official transcripts for any previous college coursework.
Priority Registration - Veterans/Service Members Only
- Apply for priority registration.
- Register for classes by logging into your student portal.
- Reference your education plan when selecting your courses.
- Once you have finalized your schedule, you must complete Certification Request Form if you wish to use a VA educational benefit.
- Please note, VA will only pay for courses required to complete your program of study.
- Learn more about whether you qualify for learning supports in the classroom by calling 707-527-4326 to schedule an appointment.
- You can also request more information at the time of completing our Request for Services form by checking the box for "Learning Supports".
- Please note: Within the Request for Services form, when the "Learning Supports" box has been checked, there is a field where you can upload a copy of your disability rating, if service connected.
- Residency classifications can be complex. If you see out of state charges on your invoice, contact the SRJC Office of Veterans Affairs at 707-527-4326 for assistance determining what options you might have.
- Potential solutions for out of state tuition charges:
Applying for VA Educational Benefits
- Navigate to the U.S.D. Veterans Affairs website.
- Under the Education block, select the link "Apply for education benefits".
- Students using VA education benefits are required to submit official transcripts for all previous college coursework as well as military training.
- Student-veterans using VA education benefits must submit their DD214 (Member 4) to email@example.com.
- College transcripts and Joint Service Transcript can be sent to:
Admissions and Records
Santa Rosa Junior College
1501 Mendocino Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- Send them electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once transcripts and/or DD214 have been received by SRJC and you have registered for classes, complete the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form.