Helpful Information

Helpful Information for New Students



Required Forms

Student Success Appointment

  • Once you have completed your Request for Services Form, you can expect to hear from our Student Success Specialist within 1-3 business days.
  • You can also call 707-527-4326 to reach our Student Success Specialist.


  • Complete your online orientation in your student portal.
  • The link for Online Orientation can be found in the Admissions & Registration block.

Financial Aid


  • Review your placement options for math and English.
  • Placement options vary depending on length of time since high school graduation.


  • If you intend to use VA education benefits, call 707-527-4326 and schedule an appointment to meet with a Veterans Academic Counselor to have an education plan created.
  • At the time of the appointment, please be prepared to request official transcripts for any previous college coursework.

Priority Registration - Veterans/Service Members Only


  • Register for classes by logging into your student portal. 
  • Reference your education plan when selecting your courses.
  • Once you have finalized your schedule, you must complete Certification Request Form if you wish to use a VA educational benefit.
  • Please note, VA will only pay for courses required to complete your program of study.

Learning Supports

  • Learn more about whether you qualify for learning supports in the classroom by calling 707-527-4326 to schedule an appointment.
  • You can also request more information at the time of completing our Request for Services form by checking the box for "Learning Supports".
    • Please note: Within the Request for Services form, when the "Learning Supports" box has been checked, there is a field where you can upload a copy of your disability rating, if service connected.

Residency Status

Applying for VA Educational Benefits

  • Navigate to the U.S.D. Veterans Affairs website.
  • Under the Education block, select the link "Apply for education benefits".

Transcript Evaluation

  • Students using VA education benefits are required to submit official transcripts for all previous college coursework as well as military training.
  • Student-veterans using VA education benefits must submit their DD214 (Member 4) to
  • College transcripts and Joint Service Transcript can be sent to:

Admissions and Records

Santa Rosa Junior College

1501 Mendocino Ave

Santa Rosa, CA 95401


  • Send them electronically to
  • Once transcripts and/or DD214 have been received by SRJC and you have registered for classes, complete the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form.